Location: St. Paul, MN
Duration: 4+ months
The Product Security Technical Writer is responsible for gathering and editing technical information into clear and concise documentation for both technical and non-technical audience that may include R&D, Quality, Regulatory, IT, and other operational teams. Responsibilities will include documentation management, review, and maintenance.
- Write and edit documentation such as policies, standards/guidelines, standard operating procedures/process documents, work instructions, and other technical documentation concerned with the requirements around cybersecurity.
- Review and revise technical documentation relative to the development, operation, maintenance and service of products, systems, and services.
- Evaluate documentation for readability and usability.
- Review published material and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding as necessary.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Create and utilize data flows, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Demonstrate expertise in page design and layout.
- Interview technical team members to become familiar with cybersecurity, product development, and Quality processes and technology.
- Create and maintain documentation templates as necessary
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous experience.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent level of work experience
- Technical Writer certification (desirable) or relevant experience
- Experience with writing policies, standards, standard operating procedures, detailed work instructions.
- Experience in IT, R&D, or Quality
- Compliance/regulatory background a plus
- Understanding of IT governance frameworks or industry standards (ITIL, COBIT, ISO 27001, ISO 13485, etc.)
- Familiarity with document management systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Visio; familiar with Microsoft Excel and Adobe.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with a team following general procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as telephone, copier, fax, computer, etc.
- Ability to illustrate a plus