Location: St. Paul suburbs, MN
Duration: 12+ months (potential contract to hire)
Working without appreciable direction, acts as the lead writer for the development of large technical publications projects. Recommends, interprets and implements company policies and procedures to accomplish assignments and resolves a broad range of complex issues and problems. Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness.
- Coordinates and oversees the work of writers assigned to assist with large projects. Provides consultation on complex publication projects.
- Assists, mentors, and trains less experienced writers. Reviews technical literature prepared by other staff members for content, coverage, and clarity.
- Collaborates with development engineering, marketing, regulatory affairs, and clinical engineering personnel, among others, to ensure accuracy and completeness. Recommends overall organization and layout, mode of presentation, publication methods, and related matters. Develops publication concepts for the best communication of subject matter. Recommends editorial standards.
- Coordinates with graphic design, translation, and production personnel to meet publication schedules. Coordinates publication with outside sources and vendors.
- Leads projects to implement new technology for use by Technical Publications.
- Leads projects to improve departmental processes that require cooperation from other functional groups.
- Troubleshoots existing processes and technologies.
- Remains current on developments in and knowledge of the company’s products, markets, policies, and objectives, including regulatory requirements and restrictions.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical discipline, Communications, Marketing, English or equivalent and a minimum of six plus years of progressively more responsible experience as a technical writer in a medical or high technology (preferably biotechnology) environment.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- Must possess comprehensive written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation, analytical, project management skills and the ability to prioritize and handle a large volume of projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Must be highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.